Monthly Archives: October 2016
You might be planning to paint your bathroom in a fresh shade by opting for a unique color scheme this time. Interior decor trends keep changing season after season, and keeping yourself updated about the same is helpful for giving your house the latest look. But even as you browse through the colors, you might like to pick the one, which is from that ‘all time popular’ category, and not just good for a specific season. Let’s see the colors that can transform the appearance of your bathing space.
Fresh Green and Turquoise
Revamp your bathing space by using a beautiful turquoise with classy green. These are the best nautical colors that can turn your bathing area into a refreshing place. You can further use glass tiles in one of these colors and heighten the nautical effect. With turquoise shower curtains and colored bath accessories, you can have a great looking bathroom ready to use.
Plush Dark Red and Black
Dark red and black is a combination, which if used rightly, can create an extremely amazing space. You need to pay attention to the details, while you work on this design. From the walls, tiles (floor and wall), sanitary ware, fixtures, till the small accent pieces, everything must be a part of this color scheme. You can add spice with metal pieces and bronze colored accessories. Remember that this combo works best in larger spaces.
Tranquil Teal and White
This is one of the prettiest combinations, if you want to create a calming ambiance. Spruce up your bathing area by coloring it teal blue and adding white accessories. This soft combination will create a fresh and soothing space, perfect to have a relaxing bath. Get teal blue wall paint and a mix of blue and white tiles, add light-blue or white sanitary ware, and some lovely white accents on the bathroom vanity.
Funky Red and White
If you want to create a lively space, pick that hot red color. Add red in maximum elements and then balance it using white. You can consider adding black accessories or dark red accessories to further play up the area. White bathroom vanity with red trims is the perfect piece to be used for complementing the design. Fix up a decorative round mirror with broad red border above the vanity.
Classy Chocolate and Cream
If you want to have a simple yet classy look, this one is for you. Color it using the wonderful chocolate brown shade, that rightly blends with the natural finish of wooden furniture placed in your bathroom. You can pair cream or off-white color with this brown and have a perfect looking area. With large off-white floor tiles, the area will look much more spacious. With brown wall paint or tiles, and a mix of cream and brown accessories, you can have a decent environment.
Choosing any scheme widely depends upon your taste. You need not consider the paint colors of the rest of your house, while picking one for the bath area. Apart from the ones mentioned above, you can also opt for sage, crimson, pink, taupe, light wine, or mauve. Sage is one of the best paint colors for bathrooms, which can look wonderful when paired with off-white. With decorative walls that consist of inlays of off-white pebbles and plush glass partitions to create sections in the bathroom, you have an exquisite space to bathe. By using one of the best combos, you can rightly transform your dull and old bathroom into a fresh bathing area.
Marble tiles, a block glass shower enclosure, sober colored backsplash ideas, a beautiful wooden vanity with a vase of lilies sitting on it, and a lovely view from the bathtub! Isn’t this the type of bathroom you would like to have in your home? I am sure you would. But if you are thinking that remodeling your current bathroom to make it look attractive is going to burn a hole in your pocket, you might want to think again. Remodeling doesn’t always have to be in bigger numbers, since you can choose to make your bathroom look brilliant with affordable ideas as well. There are some unique things you could do with your bathroom interiors with a low-budget.
Remodeling a Bathroom on a Tight Budget
Right from adding a fireplace to your bathroom, to decorating the walls with beautiful accessories, you can have it all within an affordable price range. All it takes to make a bathroom look stylish and relaxing is some creative ideas to place the various areas in the room. There is a bathing, toilet, and a vanity area which can be designed in a unique way and decorated with bright and fresh colors. Adding accessories like wall decorations, candles, flowers or plants, toiletry closets, etc. can also work wonders. We have compiled some useful cheap bathroom remodeling tips, for your convenience.
Creating Unique Surfaces
- When you think of remodeling your bathroom, the first thing that comes to your mind is repainting your bathroom walls and giving the ceiling and floor a new finish. Thus, when you create a new surface in any room most of your remodeling is done, as surfaces such as walls, ceilings and floors have a huge effect on the rooms.
- To start with this, you can first think about a color combination that you would like to have in the bathroom. Pick colors that are neutral, such as; ivory, gray, yellow, green, violet, peach, etc., which are also colors that will give a sober and relaxing feel to the room.
- When you choose a wall color, you have to make sure you pick a complementary ceiling color and a flooring option accordingly. Plain drywall ceilings and smooth tiled floors, or cheap laminate flooring can be excellent options to match the walls.
Inexpensive Bathing Accessories
- After you have picked some suitable paint colors for your bathroom interiors, decide the type of accessories such as; bathtub, toilet, vanity area, shower enclosure, and storage area, you would want to have in your new bathroom. These are some essentials of any bathroom, which can be made stylish with some cheap ideas for remodeling a bathroom.
- To start with the bathtub, instead of installing a new one (if it isn’t cracked), build a deck around it (with laminate or stone surface) so you can place candles, and toiletries on the flat surface. If it needs to be changed, try to pick a unique shaped bathtub like; oval, rectangular, circular, etc. A Jacuzzi would be great, but slightly expensive.
- The next is to choose the vanity area, which includes the sink, a mirror and an open or closed wooden/granite chest beneath the sink. There are a variety of shapes and colors to choose for the sink, and the chest can either be below the sink or the sink can be built in the chest.
- Cheap backsplash ideas with a simple mirror could look attractive when paired with the sink and chest. Cheap tempered glass shower enclosure and ceramic or porcelain toilets could be your option if you want to remodel the bathing and toilet areas as well.
Simple Yet Attractive Decorations
- One of the easiest ways of decorating the bathroom is to use minimum accessories to avoid overdoing.
- Using colorful tile backsplash ideas can add brightness to the vanity area. Make sure the countertops are complementing the backsplash. You can make open granite chests built in the walls below the vanity to keep the bathroom spacious.
- Ventilation is very important in bathrooms, therefore, make sure you have big windows with blinds or colored curtains (drapes are not advised). You can also add a room divider to give your modern designed bathroom interior a traditional touch.
- More than making wooden cabinets (that are expensive) in your bathroom, I would suggest, have sections built inside the wall, so you can place not only toiletries but also decorations such as vases, flowers, pots, etc., on display. The floor can accommodate a few indoor plants around the bathtub or toilet, to include fresh greens inside the room.
You can use the aforementioned tips to remodel your bathroom without spending a lot of money. So make minimum use of wooden furniture and purchase stylish porcelain items so you spend in the right areas.
When you are looking for different ways to decorate an area, why not consider creative wall art ideas. This might provide a unique finish, color and texture for your living room. There are many designs and ideas you could use such as murals, vases, appliqués, plates and never forgetting photographs.
Murals could be personalized according to your own preference using objects or people. Among the simplest wall hangings is of metal; this kind is available in various colors and styles which means you are sure to find something that will complement your décor. Simple to maintain, simply by regular dusting: this really is all that is required. Furthermore, there is nothing to interrupt or damage.
Another creative paintings idea is in using vases, either with flowers or greenery contained within or without. Different colors put into vases to enhance the décor of the living room could result in an overall pleasing result. Changing the flowers and foliage based on the season could also provide another complementary look. Alternatively, simply by grouping some white vases together against a colourful background could provide an amazing outcome. So there are lots of ways to experiment with in finding the best look for your living room.
Hang display shelves on family room walls to personalize the area. This opens up decorating choices to objects that cannot be hung on walls and it provides homeowners having a way to open conversations about treasured heirlooms and fun vacation finds. Group objects together instead of scattering them one by one in the shops. Grouping adds a sense of cleanliness and organization.
Eye-catching paintings may be more readily available than ever before. Purchase prints that fit your design sense on the web, in department stores, discount stores as well as some pharmacies. Choose art that reflects both you and your sense of style, but be aware of all of those other colors in your living room and draw them by helping cover their the right art piece. Choose pieces that flatter the color of your furniture and mimic colors of other decorative accent pieces. Use large artworks as focal points or group smaller pieces together in odd numbers.
Soften the appearance and feel of the family room by decorating walls with fabric. Fabric can also add visual appeal as well as texture. Fabric around the walls may soften the feel of a living room with hard lines or hard floors of wood or tile. Hang floor-to-ceiling-length curtains along a whole wall to create an accent wall. Avoid loud or busy patterns in rooms which are already filled with visual interest.
Use regular wall paint to produce the illusion of depth by painting large squares or rectangles in yourliving room wall decoration in a shade slightly lighter or darker compared to original wall color. You may also create contrast and a focus by painting an “accent wall.” Accent walls really are a lone wall painted a drastically different color compared to rest of the room. Try using a color around the opposite side of the color wheel in the rest of the walls for dramatic impact.